MERV 11 Extended Surface Pleated Panel Filters
The Koch Multi-Pleat XL11 is a medium efficiency extended surface pleated panel filter, engineered to provide higher initial efficiencies and better overall performance than standard pleated filters. It carries a MERV 11 fractional efficiency rating in accordance with ASHRAE Test Standard 52.2. The filter will also provide an Initial Dust Spot Efficiency of 45%, and an Average Dust Spot Efficiency of 55-60% in accordance with ASHRAE Test Standard 52.1.
The MERV 11 efficiency ratings provided by the Multi-Pleat XL11 make the filter an excellent upgrade from disposable filters and ordinary pleated filters in applications such as hospitals, laboratories, and pharmaceutical plants, commercial office buildings, and in any system in which a higher degree of clean air is required.
- Upgrade from standard pleated filters
- MERV 11 efficiency rating
- Dual-layered filter media
- Low pressure drop
- Superior efficiency
- High dust holding capacity
Multi-Pleat XL11 Construction
- The Multi-Pleat XL11 is produced with a highly specialized, dual-layered 100% synthetic media, developed by Koch Filter specifically for use in extended surface air filters.
- The new media is composed of an upstream electrostatically enhanced layer (the E-Layer), and a downstream mechanical layer (the M-Layer).
Combination Electrostatic and Mechanical Media
- The dual-layered construction of Multi-Pleat Series XL11 overcomes a common problem found in single-layered electrostatically charged filters. In filters produced with single-layer media, the effectiveness of the electrostatically charged media decreases over time as the filter becomes dirty and the charge dissipates. The unique dual-layered media design of the Multi-Pleat XL11 greatly reduces this problem. As the effectiveness of the electrostatically enhanced E-Layer decreases, the downstream mechanical M-Layer takes over. The M-Layer steps up to provide better continuing overall performance and excellent dust holding capacity.
Two Media Area Capacity Levels
- The Multi-Pleat XL11 is an extremely versatile line of pleated panels which can be used in a wide variety of filtration systems worldwide.
- In order to meet the different requirements found in these applications, Koch offers the XL11 Series in two media area capacity levels.
- Standard Capacity XL11 filters provide a combination of efficiency, economy, and excellent overall performance.
- Standard Capacity XL11 filters are an excellent choice in applications where filter change schedules are based on preventive maintenance schedules.
- Standard Capacity XL11 filters are similar in construction to the Standard Capacity but have the added advantage of approximately 30% more media. The additional media results in extended filter life, making the XL11-HC the ideal filter for use in filtration systems where filter change schedules are predicated on recommended final pressure drop readings.